Join Our Team
We are always looking for self-motivated individuals to join our team. Lucas Oil Speedway is an equal opportunity employer.
Jumbo-Tron Operator / Media Specialist
Work in a fast paced and live production environment performing the following duties: Operate, maintain, and further develop a Daktronic Pro-Star System (similar to Jumbo-Tron), create and manipulate graphic and video media creations, and operate/assist with the filming of live events.
- Operate/Maintain/Develop Pro-Star video board system for weekly races and special events.
- Develop new media creations using Final Cut Pro and Adobe Creative Suite (graphic and video) to ensure fresh, date related, and crowd enticing content.
- Operate or work with another team member for filming of all events.
- Archive yearly event footage.
- Operate the various functions of the Jumbotron scoreboard as directed by the Events Coordinator or designee.
- Troubleshoots malfunctions and makes repairs and adjustments in a timely manner.
- Ensures constant upkeep of Jumbotron equipment to the standards of Lucas Oil Speedway.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Knowledge of Electronics & computers
- Specific Jumbotron training and experience
- Strong drive to learn new technologies
- Extremely flexible to changing environments, project requirements, and fast paced live event situations
- Strong level of advanced computer skills/technology knowledge
- Experience with video/photo editing
- Previous experience with Final Cut Pro or Adobe Creative Suite beneficial
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
- Available to work non-traditional hours including weekends and holidays during racing season
- Written and Verbal Skills
- Self-Motivation & Initiation
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to carry out each essential duty satisfactorily including the proven ability to secure appointments, create professional presentations and close sales. Acceptance of work hours customary in the field of sports/entertainment is necessary.
About Lucas Oil Speedway
The Lucas Oil Speedway is considered by Industry Insiders to be one of the top five Race Tracks in the Nation. Located in Wheatland Missouri, about an hour north of Springfield and only about an hour and a half from Kansas City. Referred to by many as "The Diamond of Race Tracks" and it certainly lives up to that title. Twenty one luxury VIP suites, a giant HD Jumbo Tron Screen, Musco Sports lighting, a Bose Stadium sound system, Go Kart Track for all ages, The Diamond Bar, the best track food in the country, and the nicest pits in dirt track racing are just a few of the amenities that set us apart. In 2011 the Inaugural Diamond Drag Boat Nationals made a splash at the Brand New Liquid Quarter Mile, Lake Lucas. Known as the only purpose-built drag boat racing lake in the world, more than 140 drag boats competed in the first ever event.
We host some of the largest dirt track events in the Midwest featuring some of the biggest names in racing including: The Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series, POWRi Midget National Series, The Lucas Oil Pro-Pulling League, Casey's General Stores USMTS Modifieds, ASCS Sprint Cars, and The Lucas Oil MLRA.
The Lucas Oil Speedway 2020 season begins April 4 with the Big Adventure RV Weekly Racing Series opener. An open test and tune is scheduled for March 28.
For ticket information, including season passes for all events, contact Admissions Director Nichole McMillan at (417) 282-5984.
Lucas Oil Speedway is located at Highways 83 and 54 in Wheatland, Missouri. A campground with shower and bathroom facilities is also available. With its entrance located just outside the pit gate this sprawling scenic camping facility will continue to enhance the racing experience at the Diamond of Dirt Tracks.
Click LucasOilSpeedway.com for more information and detailed directions to the speedway or call the Track Hotline at (417) 282-5984.